In March, Cook County Board President Preckwinkle announced the formation of a new Asian American Advisory Council comprised of a diverse group of leaders who will help the County develop strategies to better engage, serve, and connect with the Asian American community, which makes up 6% of the total population in Cook County.
We are pleased to share that our firm president, Eileen Chin of R.M. Chin & Associates, Inc. has been named to the Cook County Asian American advisory council. Other members include:
· David Namkung, Founder & Managing Partner, Clarity Partners, LLC.
· Lawrence Benito, CEO, ICIRR
· Thomas Choi, Public Affairs Manager, Office of Illinois State Comptroller
· Maria Kim, President & CEO, The Cara Program
· Smita Shaw, President & CEO, Spaantech, Inc
· Josina Morita, Consultant
· Darryl Tom, Partner, Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A.
The Asian American Advisory Council held its first meeting on Tuesday, March 17. The council will serve as policy advisors to the President and key members of her administration, briefing them on issues that matter to Asians and Asian Americans in Cook County.