R.M. Chin provided Project Management assistance to Chicago Public Schools’ Calmeca Academy of Fine Arts and Dual Language construction project. This school is a 105,177-square-foot, three-story masonry and steel-frame building serving students from prekindergarten through eighth grade. R.M. Chin strove to minimize interruptions during school hours as much as possible.
- Construction observation to ensure compliance with contract documents
- Preparing reports, enforcing quality assurance, as well as maintaining the construction schedule
- Oversight of commission and close-out
Site work included:
- Concrete foundations, an envelope consisting of unit masonry, aluminum window walls, and storefront
- Roofing (including green roof area)
- Interior areas, masonry walls and patrons, resilient, terrazzo, and tile floors
- Construction included classrooms, library, gym, warming kitchen, and dining facilities, as well as administration areas
- Landscaping, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and standard elementary school finishes and amenities
This building achieved LEED “Silver” certification.