As the Program Manager and Owner’s Representative for Forest Preserve District of Cook County (FPDCC)’s 3-year, $28.4 million Campground Program, R.M. Chin & Associates, Inc. (R.M. Chin) administered the complete design and construction of 5 new campgrounds located throughout Cook County. For this first-of-its-kind program for the FPDCC, the campground amenities included cabins, toilet/shower buildings, shelters, RV and tent pads, concession buildings, and all supporting infrastructure and utilities. R.M. Chin received the 2016 Project Achievement Award from the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) Chicago Chapter for our role as Program Manager/Owner’s Representative.
R.M. Chin’s core responsibilities included:
- assisting the FPDCC in procuring a comprehensive professional design services team.
- reviewing the qualifications of over 85 firms; providing detailed comments for the creation of a shortlist of prospective firms.
- developing the scope of work, milestone durations, and deliverable requirements for the professional services RFP.
- developing schedules to create a road map for which the design milestone deliverables could be achieved.
- managing the procurement process of over 60 permits, utility, and municipal agreements.
- preparing and issuing construction bid packages; and construction management of 8 different construction contracts.
- Program Management responsibilities included planning, programming, site investigation, design, construction administration, and project closeout.